After seeing many articles on things you should definitely do before you turn 30 I decided to come up with my own list. But instead of setting goals I noted down the best 30 things, which have happened to me or I have done since I am on this planet. Things, which made me feel happy, content, proud, thoughtful … alive! When hitting 30 today I want to remember all the beautiful moments I have lived through, the extraordinary people, who crossed my way (and those who are walking with me up until today), the places I have been, the crazy and serious ideas which I have realized, or the hard lessons I have learnt. I want to celebrate my twenties because they made a great deal in becoming the person I am today! While writing this list I haven’t followed any specific order, they are equally special for a reason.
1. Going to university to a different city then my home. Szeged+5halom rock!
2. Even though there was a time when I hated English language with all my heart (not because of the subject!) still sticking to it.
3. Going on a Dutch wadlopen tour, aka walking on the bottom of the sea, in heavy rain and 15 Celsius degrees … “what does not kill you makes you stronger”, right?
4. Working on the Sziget Fesztival.
5. Never missing out on any chance for dancing my heart out.
6. Finding true friendships in which distance matters very little.
7. Working at an English pub, learning how to draught beer and draw a shamrock when serving Guinness.
8. Living abroad.
9. Renting a room two streets away from the sea and being able to go for a swim after a work everyday!
10. Believing that true and real love can conquer even the biggest obstacles and distances. (I know it sounds corny but what can I do if this is the case?!)
11. Joining AEGEE = making international friends and budget-trips all around Europe.
12. When in doubt learning to listen to my heart.
13. Doing this website!
14. For a good concert to give up sleeping and being willing to travel even 10 hours.
15. Studying something because I truly love it (PR and journalism).
16. Discovering snorkeling, rope dancing and drawing spiral motives in the sand.
17. Saying “YES” to an underwater proposal.
18. Having articles published in several glossy magazines.
19. Living in the 8th district of Budapest and loving it.
20. Learning how to make a good risotto.
21. Going on travel study tours as part of my job.
22. Organizing the family Xmas and baking my first zserbó ever (which was a success J )
23. Learning how to ski because once you get the rhythm of it is almost as good as sex.
24. With a fresh driving license driving in Slovenia
25. Dream about a Small Home and make it happen.
26. Being there for my grandparents when they needed me the most.
27. Being an extra in a Bacardi ad and shooting a commercial on the open sea.
28. Living in the time of the Internet.
29. Owning an apple.
30. Having someone who taught me how to love unconditionally + laugh my heart out on little things J