Blogging is a very personal thing. When I launched my site, coming from a journalistic background, I remember how odd it was that personal opinion and experiences weigh as much as the value of news. During the past months I kept myself under the radar. There have been many changes in my life, and I put all my extra energy to cope with these. Maybe I also needed some time so that I am able to write about one of the most intimate events of my life. Looking back I would have been in short of various subjects as well, since every free minute we had was spent on organising our wedding. Yes, the big news is that Husband2Be has been promoted, and these days he is my Husband. J
It is so unbelievable that now all the months of dreaming, planning and executing of our Big Day are behind us – the period which was sometimes tiring, funny and touching, but always intense and happy. That is why I thought of keeping a record of it here, and I am also hoping that there are other couples, who might find our multicultural, partly DIY wedding experiences useful. And for those who are not much into the wedding stuff, posts related to decor, design and gastronomy are in the pipeline too.
But before that, I’d like to jump right into the middle of the story! Instead of a long-winded description – which likely would scare anyone off except my parents – I have gathered a good bunch of the best, happiest, funniest moments, AKA memory-crumbs from the day I have become a Mrs.
1. Having 8 hours of sleep and waking up by the decorator, who delivered my amazing bouquet and other bridal party accessories.
2. After a stormy night enjoying my morning coffee alone on the sunny balcony.
3. Having my hair done quietly in the bathroom whilst the flat is being filled with my closest people.
4. When arriving to the church, still in the car, getting completely emotional when the flower girl and the pageboys notice me and start waving.
5. While walking down the aisle with my Dad, wherever I look seeing big smiles of our loved ones.
6. The look and moves of H2B when finally our eyes lock <3
7. The surprise speech of our priest, Gábor Atya.
8. The ride to the venue, which was like being in a flower tunnel.
9. Being very thankful to Amigo for constantly giving us water during the creative photo session and to Dóri, who sprayed me against mosquitoes.
10. During the civil entrance enjoying the glittering sunshine and feeling as if we are the main characters of a super-romantic movie.
11. Saying our own vows to each other.
12. Hugs after the greeting to our parents.
13. After our first dance, feeling in the air that we have a huge party coming (and we did :D).
14. During dinner stopping for a bit, trying to take in all the emotions and preserve them for a very long time.
15. Realizing that the international dessert table idea exceeded our expectations.
16. At midnight drinking „pálinka” with the bridesmaids and groom mates.
17. Enjoying that I can move so freely in my dress and dance in it through the whole night.
18. After few hours of sleep having breakfast with our family and friends.